Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Review

Hello again friends! I did a mini review on the Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara awhile ago but now I'm back with a full review minus pictures.





Here's what Maybelline has to say:
The Falsies Mascara delivers a false lash look, giving you a full set of voluminous, bold, fanned-out lashes and the appearance of no gaps from any angle.
The Pro-Keratin Fiber enriched formula is designed to deliver immediate results, distributing volume and visible intensity to your lashes. The spoon-shaped brush helps fan lashes out. The Falsies Mascara is designed to give the appearance of no gaps and spaces. In a wink, lashes you didn’t even know you had look visibly thickened!


I was a little disappointed when I first tried the Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara but now I have figured out a way for the mascara to work better for me. I was using the mascara wand the wrong way (good goin' y'goof!). Instead of "spooning" my lashes, I should have been using the brush upside down so it was on a curve (hill shaped??). The bristles are a little short of medium length but not incredibly short meaning a mascara guard is necessary (for me atleast). No matter how careful & gentle I am when applying the mascara, I still manage to get it onto my eyelids! Unlike before, the brush has separated my lashes & grabs hold of each one creating a nice fanned-out set of lashes. The formula isn't as wet when I first use it also & noticed this happened with the Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara too. I actually prefer the consistency a little thicker but if you don't, you can always stick your tube of mascara in a cup of hot water & the formula will melt back into the thin, wet consistency that it once was. I can't begin to compare or explain the difference in the formula because it is changing constantly over time. For now, I find it is working well. I can get very dark, natural long looking lashes with two coats. With three I get volume but tiny clumps along the way but atleast it holds my curls! Add a fourth or fifth coat & I find my lashes all clumped up and spidery as @#$! but dramatic nonetheless. Still, it sucks to say that the volume Maybelline promised was not obtained.
*Edit: I forgot to mention that it still flakes but doesn't smudge!


Would I still recommend it? Yes but only if you ignore all the gibberish Maybelline claims in the description of their product (and at a discounted price of course). Depending on the person and technique used to apply the mascara, the outcome could be amazing or sorely disappointing. For the price I paid, I am happy with my results.

Hope you all had a happy Tuesday! I may have done very bad on my math test today but I don't find out until Thursday.. I'm off for a nap before the depression hits me like a brick :(
And I know it may ward off readers when I don't include real photos but I can't help it. My camera skills suck & I'm too shy! Help me boost my confidence??


P.S. I bought this myself and I'm not being paid for this review. Neither am I affiliated with the company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use the same mascara and I have really long eyelashes and it really lengthens them great! I tend to put a lot on though but I have a way of not letting them clump. Sometimes it takes forever but sometimes it takes 3 minutes.

Ashley said...

Hi Anon! I'm glad you like this mascara. All of my friends rave about it but it's just okay to me. I prefer volume over length.

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com