Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review: Murad Vitalic Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser

After a marathon of Korres reviews I thought I'd take a breather and review some make up. However, I stumbled back onto the skincare train and it's time to review one of two Murad products I have been using lately.

The Murad Vitalic Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser has been on the market for ages. It's a dual-action foaming facial cleanser which cleanses and tones in one simple step. The witch hazel, a key ingredient, tones & tightens pores while removing excess oil, and combating acne.


energizing-pomegranate-cleanser_1

 My dry skin hated this cleanser last winter but luckily, it worked perfectly with my summer skin. It washes away all traces of dirtiness (pollution, oxidized oils, sweat) without leaving my face feeling stripped and tight. It couldn't handle make up but that's okay! I'm only glad that it helped reduce shine and the AHAs in the cleanser combined with the Clarisonic, very gently exfoliated dry patches left from healing blemishes and old acne scars. I didn't particularly notice a reduction in blemishes but it sure sped up the healing process.

The nit-picker in me would prefer it if the red and yellow dyes were removed from this cleanser. They serve no purpose as the foam comes out white instead of pink like it is in the bottle. If the color is supposed to coordinate with the pomegranate theme, I still don't care. It's good enough that the scent is a close match to a pomegranate but a touch refreshing for those groggy early mornings.

A real drawback would be the price. A 150 ml bottle costs $26 and while I have used mine on and off for over a year now, half a bottle lasted only a month and a half. This means that a full bottle would last me 3 months. When I do the math, four bottles for a whole year costs $104 and this doesn't included taxes. I can't stand to spend that much on a cleanser when I've tried many for much less.

Bottom Line:
The Murad Vitalic Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser works best with combination or oily skin. Since the ingredients aren't all that impressive, I really don't find the price justifiable. I have already found better so you can safely skip this!


Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Punica Granatum Extract, Alnus Firmifolia Fruit Extract, Glycine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Lactic Acid, Sodium PCA, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Copper Gluconate, Artemia Extract, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Buteth-3, Tributyl Citrate, Tris(Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com