Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Update - P10P (Facial Cleansers)

About a month ago, I posted 10 facial cleansers, masks, and exfoliators I would use religiously in order to curb my shopping addiction. Well that didn't work out very well did it? Refer to this post. I know no shame... I can't pretend like I never bought another four cleansers to add to my collection but I am going to include it in my Project 10 Pan.

As of now, I have completely finished The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser and so my list now looks like this:

1) The Body Shop (Original) Cucumber Cleansing Milk
2) The Body Shop (Original) Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel
3) L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser

4) Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel
5) Clinique Liquid Facial Soap

6) Freeman Beauty Good Stuff Organics Smoothing Facial Scrub
7) Freeman Beauty Good Stuff Organics Revitalizing Facial Mask
8) St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Masque
9) Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It
10) Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser


I strictly use the L'Oreal Go (etc...) to clean my brushes now but I have atleast 1/8th left. Once it's finished, I'm out of a brush cleaner. I would like to experimenting with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & dish soap or baby shampoo to cleanse my brushes but using facial cleansers  as brush cleansers work best for me. Why? Some facial cleansers that don't work well for my skin (ie. not gentle enough) fair better on my synthetic make-up brushes! That way I'm not wasting money throwing away a cleanser and going out of my way to buy a brush cleaner! I also use the Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel to wash my face clothes periodically instead of using it directly on my face. I cannot recommend this cleanser & I have a review coming very shortly. Stay tuned for that!

Once
I get rid of #3 and #4, my list will look like this:
1) The Body Shop (Original) Cucumber Cleansing Milk
2) The Body Shop (Original) Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel
3) Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
4) Freeman Beauty Good Stuff Organics Smoothing Facial Scrub
5) Freeman Beauty Good Stuff Organics Revitalizing Facial Mask
6) St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Masque
7) Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It
8) Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser
9) Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser
10) Bioré Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser


I'll most likely finish the L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser and Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel before The Body Shop Originals because I have many make-up brushes to wash weekly and two face clothes I wash every other day. I'm really into personal hygiene, can you tell? It's not that I don't wash my face twice a day but I only have one face! There is only so much I can clean.
I'm trying to calculate how long it will take to finish this Project but I don't want to cry ;__;
I know I won't finish the Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser (#8) as I only use it in the shower but I do like it! I wish I could use it more often but it's too drying for my skin. I use the masks twice weekly too but the masks I have aren't very beneficial for my skin and washing it off is a draaag so I tend to forget to use them. It's taken me over a year to finish half the bottle of the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap too. It's too drying for daily use so I use it only when I need a deep cleaning. On a slightly more positive not, I like it better than the Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel but not by much.


I'm aiming to make my list look like this:
1) The Body Shop (Original) Cucumber Cleansing Milk
2) The Body Shop (Original) Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel

3) Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
4) Freeman Beauty Good Stuff Organics Smoothing Facial Scrub
5) Freeman Beauty Good Stuff Organics Revitalizing Facial Mask
6) St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Masque
7) Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It
8) Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser
9) Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser
10) Bioré Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser

I want #1, 3 4, 5 and 6 off my list so I have something to look FOWARD to. And once they're gone, I will replace them with non-drugstore cleansers. I'm actually interested in trying a cleansing oil by Origins, H2o, and Boscia. I basically threw in all prepared and revised lists in one post to save myself from having to write more updated posts when I could write actual reviews and stuff... I'm working really hard to use up all of my cleansers legitimately. (I just learnt that "legitly" isn't a word. Double the Dumb, today!)
So there it is! My new mission of 2010 that I obviously won't finish until some time in 2011.. *sigh* Thanks for stopping by & reading my excruciatingly painful post!

♥,
Ashley



P.S. - I didn't notice before but my previous list was missing #4. Due to my lack of followers or readers, no one called me out on that! Luckily I could correct my own mistake as I hate it when others correct me. Being corrected makes me feel so.. blind. Any one else find that a pet peeve?

2 comments:

SafexSolutions said...

Nice sharing..Can you tell me any cream I can use before Steam bath?
Facial Cleansing

Ashley said...

@ Safex:
I have never tried using a cream before a steamy bath or facial steaming but I usually use jojoba oil to moisturizer after!

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com