Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Liebster Award

The shopaholic that I'm always jealous of, Mallory of Rolsbak, recently awarded me the Liebster Award and it's now my turn to share the love!

I Google'd what 'Liebster' meant and it's a German noun for darling, beloved person, or sweetheart. Assuming this is true then the English translation would be, "The Darling Award" or "The Sweetheart Award". What ever it is, the idea behind this blog award is wonderful.

The Liebster Award is designed to be awarded to blogs with less than 300 subscribers to spread the blog love and get them out them out to a wider audience.


The Rules:
1. Post displaying the award,
linking back to the person who awarded you.
2. Pick 3 blogs and let them know they're awarded.

My Pick(s):

Liz of Beauty Reductionista.
I am biased towards Canadian Bloggers but honestly, Liz's writing style is precise and informative and it's exactly the what I like. My favorite post by her, here. My shopping addiction cooled down quite quickly thanks to that post. I read it now and then to remind myself not to accumulate junk!

Dani of call it beauty.
Oops, another fellow Canadian Blogger... Dani does a great job creating beautifully bold eye looks. I could never pull them off but a girl can still try!

Che of lovefemme.
Che does a few nail tutorials and here Galaxy Nails are my favorite. Along with pretty nail art, Che always buys the hottest shoes. I have considered robbing her if I were capable of it *cough*...

The brief descriptions of why I enjoy these blogs gives you insight as to why you should check out their blogs and follow them too. However, there is more to their blogs than what I like about them so regardless, go check out their blogs!

Again, thanks to Mallory who awarded me and the person (or people) who came up with this award 
 

P.S. Anyone can do this award; there is nothing wrong with sharing the spotlight with a few of your favorite bloggers!
P.P.S. Don't forget to join my "Tiny 50+ Follower Giveaway"!

8 comments:

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

Aww! Thanks so much, my darling waffle poo. ;) I'm honoured to receive this reward. I've seen it on other blogs but didn't know it was for a certain type of blogs. I think it's my fave blog award so far.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and trading tips! xoxo

iri_snoerkelini said...

hey! :) yepp, "liebster" means "darling" (male), but "liebster blog"'s like "my favourite blog" (with a little love) :D
x

Style de Nude said...

Congrats! Nice blog BTW

Ashley said...

Liz,
I'd have to be a fool not to pick you as my top 3!

iri_snoerkelini,
My German friend is completely useless. He can't translate anything for me! Thank your for clarifying what "liebster" meant. My Favorite Blog sounds way better!

productdoctor,
Thank you<3

Shop N' Chomp said...

Congrats on that cute award! :)

(There's a Disney College program? o_O)

Ashley said...

Shop,
Thank you! & Yes there is a Disney College program. You basically sign up at your college and then move to Disney for a semester or two. You work for Disney and I suppose you go learn stuff... The best part is spotting celebrities while you work.

Shop N' Chomp said...

Wow, that sounds cool! I would've signed up if I knew about it in college...hehe. ;)

Curtain Cleaning Everett said...

Hi niice reading your post

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com