Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Korres White Tea Facial Fluid Gel Cleanser

Korres is a new favorite cosmetic brand of mine. The scents of their products are usually a miss for me but the products themselves are great. I also appreciate the fact that the brand is cruelty-free!
Since mid-May, I've been using the Korres White Tea Facial Fluid Gel Cleanser and while I have had no ill effects because of it, you must know all of the perks of this cleanser.


Korres Description
:


Formulated with vegetable-derived soap substitutes-deeply cleanses and refreshes without dehydrating the skin.

Key Features & Benefits
- The gel with oat proteins rinses off easily, while softening and moisturizing the skin.
- Mild liquid gel is fine - lathering to avoid over-stripping the skin.
- The Selected combination of naturally derived cleansing agents ensures excellent tolerance to skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT
- Parabens
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMO
- Triclosan

This Korres cleanser is extremely basic. While it doesn't foam up as much as I like or remove thick layers of make up, this is the type of cleanser I'd recommend for the whole family or skeptical-about-skincare-boyfriends (such as mine).
Easy to describe, the scent is a lick of lemon and wash of white tea. Imagine: Hong Kong-style Lemon Tea. It's fresh and a bit calming; not overly-bright thus suitable for all sexes.

This cleanser foams up very lightly due to the SLS-derivatives but luckily my skin hasn't dried out because of it. To get the most out of the derivations, my favorite method to using this cleanser is taking two wet silicone face scrubbers and rubbing them together. This will generate enough bubbles to tame my bubble-holicism. 
The Clarisonic works well too but two scrublets is more affordable than a Clarisonic!

The stock photo shows a fussy pump-less bottle but since I have a squeeze tube sample, I can't comment on the packaging. My main concern is how easily this thin fluid cleanser can be diluted. Too wet of hands will rinse away the SLS-derivatives and the whole cleansing process will be less fun. It's safest to use two wet scrublets and a dry face. While the negative seems tedious, it also means the cleanser rinses off easily.

Bottom Line:
If you're interested in a basic cleanser good for yourself, usable for the family or beau then I highly recommend you try this. At $21 for 6.7 oz, available at Sephora, you can give it a try and return it easily if you dislike it. I understand some people need a cleanser that removes make up effortlessly but I enjoy a separate make up remover for that.

Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Betaine, PEG-40 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sucrose Laurate, Capryloyl Glycine, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Hydrolysed Oats, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Castoryl Maleate, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Magnesium PCA, Manganese PCA, Panthenol, Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Coceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Sodium PCA, Tocopherol, Zinc PCA.
*Bolded ingredients indicate SLS-derivatives. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I just totally got the scent when you said HK Lemon tea! Sounds like a good cleanser to use, I'll def look for it soon!! :)

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

Hmm... I'll have to get a sample and try! I happen to like non-foaming cleansers. :)

Eden-Avalon said...

Hrm. I've been hoping to find a similarly scented cleanser that DOES remove hard makeup. It's difficult, there's so many cleansers and they all do different things well!

Ashley said...

Rainy Days and Lattes,
It smells more tea-ish than lemon but it's still very much like HK Lemon Tea. It's smells good enough to want to drink but of course I wouldn't do that :P

Liz,
Get a sample & tell me how you like it! Bubbles aren't bad but the non-bubbles are best since they're almost always pH-balanced.

Eden-Avalon,
If you're ever looking for a morning cleanser then do try this one. I wish Korres made a make-up remover in this scent as well and hopefully they do!

Cakebrain said...

Cool blog, Ashley...thanks for visiting my blog!
and DO stay away from those carcinogenic Bubble Tea drinks! :)

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

Great review! =) Thanks.


-Dinah
dgsbeauty.com

*Check out my giveaway:
http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

socialitedreams said...

you usually don't like the scents? it's actually the scent of their thyme honey moisturizer that made me gaga for the brand. :)


Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Ashley said...

Vonnie,
I prefer my skincare to be fragrance-less to minimize irritation. The Korres Thyme Honey mask was probably my favorite scent by Korres though.

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com