Thursday, July 21, 2011

Review: Carmex Moisture Plus Tints

Confession time: Despite being a lip balm aficionado, I have never tried the original Carmex lip balm. However, I recently tried the new Carmex Moisture Plus tinted lip balms and I am in love with them!

SAM_1147

Now I already have a holy grail lip balm but I'm still in search of a holy grail tinted lip balm. The Moisture Plus Tints come very close but there are two things I would like to see adjusted - the availability and SPF.
As of now, the Carmex Moisture Plus Tints are only available at Walgreens within the U.S. and the Walgreens website. I purchased my two tints in Seattle but the Moisture Plus in Clear (a "satin gloss finish") is available at select Save On Foods and Shoppers Drug Marts throughout Canada.
With only SPF 15, I still rely on Jack Black for minimal sun protection. How tedious is to apply not one but two lip balms throughout the day?

Nagging aside, Carmex did good with these new lip balms.
Unlike most tinted lip balms, the Moisture Plus Tints are the only ones to ever give me that natural "My Lips but Better" look while being mildly moisturizing. I prefer Sheer Pink over Sheer Peach though, what do you think?

SAM_1080
Sheer Pink

SAM_1093
Sheer Peach

Another good thing to note is that these tints won't leave a nasty white rim around the inner lips like some lip balms are guilty of.

But on account of the creamy formula, I have to be very careful of leaving these lip balms out in a sunny area or car because they will melt. It happened once but I was able to salvage the lip balm (pop it in the freezer!).
The so called "sleek" packaging is nothing more than a slim grey tube with a fancy swivel up slant tip applicator. Carmex added a color strip on the middle of the tube that indicates which color the tint is rather than have a small sticker with an unreadable font on the bottom; nice touch.
The scent is also harmless; similar to vanilla ice cream or cupcake batter but less sickly.


Bottom Line
:
If you can get your hands on it and like a fuss free "My Lips but Better" look, I certainly recommend the Carmex Moisture Plus Tints.


Active Ingredients
Octinoxate (6.0%), Oxybenzone (5.0%)

Ingredients
(Tints)
aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether, hydrogenated vegetable oil, (castor) seed oil, saccharin, sorbitan isostearate, sorbitan tristearate, tocopheryl linoleate (vitamin E linoleate), tribehenin. May contain: Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com