Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shiseido Tsubaki Golden Repair Review

How long has it been since I've done a real review? Awhile, right??, Especially amidst all the P10P's and other ramblings, reviews have been hard to come by :/ Hopefully, this review brings joy and other lovely feelings in you!

Today, I'll be reviewing the Shiseido Tsubaki Golden Repair (or also known as Damage Care) Range. The range consists of a shampoo, a conditioner, and a treatment conditioner. The whole range contains Tsubaki amino, what ever that is...(?) This range caters to dry, brittle, and severely damaged hair - whether from heating tools or coloring.


Missing in Photo: Shiseido Tsubaki Golden Repair Treatment Conditioner.

Excuse my photo recycling but I'm too lazy to take a new one of the 3 Shiseido products.
The treatment conditioner (not shown) is packaged just like the Kao Essential Nuance Airy Treatment.

So I've owned the Golden Repair range for well over a year so I know exactly how it works for me. When I started using the Golden Repair range, I had extremely color-damaged hair and I never went a day without heat drying my hair. You can only imagine how dry & frizzy my hair was. Oh, and the amount of split ends was atrocious. 
Straight to the point - this line of hair products saved my wacko @ss hair. Nothing will ever treat split ends but you can prevent them. After I got a trim, I continuously treated my hair with the treatment conditioner once a week and regularly conditioned every other day. This method prevented split ends and heat damaging completely! The shampoo itself was moisturizing but during the winter when I had crappy hair, I couldn't use it alone. Although, if I was too lazy to condition, I'd use the shampoo with added jojoba oil concoction to beat the frizz & dryness for a day.
Last summer, I opted for less rich hair products like the Kao Essential Nuance Airy range.
Nowadays, I don't need the added jojoba oil in the shampoo or two times use of treatment conditioner (weekly) because I'm nearly back to my virgin state (au naturale hair)! I only use the treatment conditioner every other week and the regular conditioner every three days. My new routine helps creates the healthiest, shiniest, luscious hair I could ever wish for.
Truthfully - I don't need too much moisture or conditioning anymore or bad things happen. I happen to suffer dandruff year round but even this rich moisturizing range of hair products does nothing for it. Ironically, the conditioner causes excessive oil reproduction so my hair gets stringy, greasy - quick! I need to use very little or my fringe gets flat, fast. See what I mean about bad things??
Almost forgot about the scent... it's perfume-y, kind of reminds me of Pantene but more luxurious. Definitely not a cheap perfume or old school - grandmotherly.

Bottom line:
I recommend the Shiseido Tsubaki Golden Repair range to those with damaged or severely damaged hair. The treatment conditioner is great for when hair is unmanageable and uncontrollable beyond reason.. It makes that wild, unruly hair behave and stay behaved! The shampoo is much too rich for summer use; more of a winter shampoo rather than all year round. The conditioner goes for the same. The treatment conditioner? All-year round product! It's a holy grail, savior for all hair types!

Lastly, the Ingredients & Instructions:

SAM_1646

5 comments:

Tracy@BeautyReflections said...

I need this! My hair was really damaged from a Garnier Smoothing product I tried. I eventually gave up and cut off my hair-which is ok since I really love it!

Ashley said...

Hey Tracy,
Ooh the best way to cure damaged hair without chemicals & ingredients is to just chop it off those locks! Growing it back is a drag though.
I think you'd be able to find the Shiseido Tsubaki line in Asian supermarkets like T&T (where I found mine) or Asian cosmetic boutiques like Amore!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Sounds like something my hair needs. How does this compare to their other line? (The one that's red) I tried that one and it unfortunately didn't work for me. =(

(Hee hee...I am just like you. Spending more on food rather than gambling! ;)

Ashley said...

I haven't tried the red series but I know it has tsubaki oil EX (camellia oil) whereas the white line has tsubaki amino. The red series = Shining Line & this one I reviewed is the Damage Care Line. If you want to stimulate healthy hair growth & shine, red series is your best bet. If you want to correct damaged hair or do major conditioning, white series.
There's also a new addition to the Tsubaki range, Head Spa which (I think) is more of a clarifying series.

Shop N' Chomp said...

Thanks! I think I will try the white series then. :)

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com